pyTOMTOM
Forum   -   Downloads      Wiki   -   rss

pyTOMTOM - forums

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#1 29-07-2011 15:55:53

zxc123
Nouveau membre

Can I use pyTOMTOM for updating maps and firmware?

Hello,

I'm yet to buy a car navigation unit and one of the most important factors for me is whether the device supports Linux. Well, frankly pretty much every manufacturer seems to have 'forgotten' about Linux so I'd be glad to buy a TOMTOM unit - I'm thinking about TomTom XL2 IQ Routes here - if I can only use pyTOMTOM for updating the maps and firmware if need be. Being a Python programmer, I've had a look at the project's source code and I can see it does a lot of work in subprocesses - on the face of it, it doesn't seem to be implementing a TOMTOM's update protocol (if there's such a thing anyway!) and because my French is essentially non-existing, I'm still not sure if I'll be able to use it for updating the maps and firmware. What's more, I don't have a TOMTOM yet so I don't know what pyTOMTOM is capable of, does it support anything besides backing the thing up and restoring the data?

Can you please help me out with it?

Cheers!

#2 29-07-2011 16:10:30

tsly
Administrateur
Lieu: One v4

Re: Can I use pyTOMTOM for updating maps and firmware?

hi!

thanks for your interest in pytomtom...

pytomtom doesn't update map or firmware... sorry... Source code is closed and TomTom is busy...
I'm not able to do that... next implementation in pytomtom iis to customize it...

at this time, pytomtom can save your data (maps, POI, icon, etc...) to prevent crashes or if you damage any files...
it is able to update satelite positions, install new POI

I have an old old tomtom, so I can tell if it's working with new models...

best regards,

Tom

#3 29-07-2011 16:17:01

zxc123
Nouveau membre

Re: Can I use pyTOMTOM for updating maps and firmware?

tsly a écrit:

at this time, pytomtom can save your data (maps, POI, icon, etc...) to prevent crashes or if you damage any files...
it is able to update satelite positions, install new POI

Many thanks for a prompt reply, Tom!

I understand now how the situation look like and I believe I will buy a TT anyway if only because it's Linux-based :-)

Thanks again!

Pied de page des forums

Propulsé par FluxBB
Traduction par FluxBB.fr